The killer Blue Whale game targeting young adults and encouraging them to harm themselves. Here we bring to you common signs that parents and teachers need to watch out for:
10 Signs to watch out for
- If your child is spending long hours on gadgets.
- If he/she is drowsy in the morning.(all the challenges involve waking up at 4.20 am.)
- If your child has started to lock his room.
- If he/she has hurt marks on his arms or thighs.
- If your child has suddenly started watching horror movies.
- If he/she is putting strange updates on his social media pages.
- If your child has started spending time on terrace alone.
- If your child shows sudden outburst of anger.
- If he/she starts to withdraw from friends and family.
- If your child loses interest in activities that they used to enjoy earlier.
Things to do
Sync your phone with your child’s phone and keep a track on their mobile activity.Do not interrogate your child. Instead, try to explore by having a friendly discussion. If you see any attempt of self-harm, go straight to a psychiatrist instead of a physician.Engage more with the teachers and school authorities. Encourage them to have mental health activities in school.
Souce: Times of India