Organising a party for celebrating any event is a fun-filled activity. At the same time, planning a party is not an easy task. There are numerous factors that need to be considered while proceeding with the process of preparation. However, stated below are some top tips that can be followed for organising a perfect cocktail party. Have a look:
1. Preparing a list: The first and foremost step that must be taken for kickstarting the preparation is penning down the names of invitees. It is important to prepare a guest list as well as RSVPs in order to form an idea about the number of people who might be coming.
2. Selecting the venue: The second important thing is to choose an appropriate venue. It is prudent to select a place lying in close proximity of the host’s residence. Choosing a proper venue is the key to organising a hassle free event.
3. Arranging for drinks and food: One of the most important things to take care of when organising a party is to have sufficient amount of food and drinks for the guests. Contacting a caterer can be really helpful. Alternatively, one can prepare the menu items by oneself if the number of invitees is less.
4. Appointing security guards: In order to ensure security of a party as well as the guests, it is important to hire a security guard. And for that, all one needs to do is find a reliable organisation offering party security in the locality.
5. Keeping guests entertained: It is important to keep the guests entertained besides filling their stomach and ensuring their safety. Appointing a DJ for the party can be great. Adding some interactive activities such as ball dance and requesting the invitees to participate in it is also an excellent way to keep them entertained.
6. Deciding the theme: A party becomes more prominent if an appropriate theme is selected for it. Nowadays, almost all parties are organised with a planned theme. First, one needs to consider what the party is for – whether it is a reception cocktail party or a corporate gathering. After that, a suitable theme can be chosen accordingly.
7. Greeting the guests: It is the duty of a host to take care of his or her guests during a party. So, he or she must make sure to greet them with nice words, thank them for coming and attending the party, and so on.