Pregnancy is one of delightful feelings that a women can have in her entire life. But pregnancy can sometimes get troublesome. The common phenomenon that’s faced by majority of the pregnant women is back pain.
Let’s see what the factors are that cause back pain in women during pregnancy period:
- Due to the secretion of hormones, ligaments of the pelvic area get softened and the joints become soft.
- Posture of the body also gets changed as women leans forward due to the growth of the baby.
- As the weight of the baby increases it adds pressure on the lower back too.
How it can be minimized?
- Workout a little bit every day after taking approval from the doctors.
- Avoid using high heels or shoes that does not give full support of the body posture.
- It is advisable to wear high quality support belts. These belts can provide good lift.
- Take rest as much as possible. Try to place your legs on a pillow or a cushion to elevate it during night.
- Put a bag of ice on the back while sleeping at night to reduce the inflammation.
- Try to sleep on your side placing a pillow in between your legs. You can try pregnancy pillow-they are a good option for this.
- Hire a massage therapist (licensed) to reduce back pain.
- Acupuncture is also a good way to reduce back pain during pregnancy. There are some clinics offering good pregnancy support treatments in Northern Beaches. Consult with a doctor for the best acupuncture treatment.
These are the ways to reduce back pain. But there are some occasions when you need to visit a doctor or a health care specialist. If you see severe pain, rhythmic cramping you need to call your doctor, as this could be the sign of preterm labor.